Saturday, March 1, 2014

Updates on the Puppies and Sandy

Puppies, Skye and Sawyer - who I fostered in August-October - such tiny things when they first came to New Rattitude... Nervous and not exposed to a lot of things... the world and all the changes was scary stuff for them.  I miss them and their silly puppyness so it is great to hear and see them thrive in their new homes!

the day they come to my house
Skye, now Millie, has quickly settled into her family... I hear she's not enjoying the snow so much, but spring is right around the corner... She went a family vacation and traveled fantastically.  So happy to see her growing up with such a fabulous family!

Sawyer is showing himself to be a smart pup and learning lots of new things.  His family and his 3 year old rat terrier brother are bff's.  His family says they couldn't imagine life without him!
millie on the bottom left with her fur siblings and cousins
sawyer on the right with his big brother

Sandy too, is doing very well in her new home in Oregon.  She gets to go running with her dad every other day and they just adore her.  I hope to get some pictures soon!  (hint hint)


A Poem To My Foster Dog

I am the bridge
Between what was and what can be.
I am the pathway to a new life.
I am made of mush,
Because my heart melted when I saw you,
Matted and sore, limping, depressed,
Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.

F
or one little time you are mine.
I will feed you with my own hand
I will love you with my whole heart
I will make you whole.
I am made of steel.
Because when the time comes,
When you are well, and sleek,
When your eyes shine,
And your tail wags with joy
Then comes the hard part.
I will let you go - not without a tear,
But without a regret.
For you are safe forever -
A new dog needs me now.

by Diane Morgan/Copyright 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment