Saturday, January 12, 2013

Puppyville!

Silver isn't letting a broken toenail slow her down... She's is still loving playing with the tail and has learned how to do some fancy roll spin moves to try to catch it!  Not that it works, but the effort is what matters!

The puppies!

And now the puppies have arrived!  A total of nine puppies arrived last night and last night and today, they were all sent to their respective foster homes... I am taking on two of the 8 litter mates - both little girls.  To hear their back-story, go to another foster mom's blog here ----> Puppies

Serena and Sidney (so many S's in my house right now, I'm already messing them up) - are definitely sisters.  I put water in both sides of their did, but they insisted on drinking water from the same side at the same time until it was gone... sisterly, what's yours is mine, what's mine I don't want to be yours.... 

 
Serena above... the bigger of the two... I can already tell, she more of the explorer of the two, wandering all over the house, doing her own thing...


 

Sidney above, she's a tiny little thing, a bit of a hopper telling you that she wants to be held.  She was the first to engage Silver in play...



Introductions went really well.  Sasha is getting more slow, short introductions during the calmer moments to get to know them... As I suspected she would be, Silver was super friendly and just wanted to play right away.  I actually had to hold her back to let them get their bearings before being overwhelmed.  They explored the house, got some food and water... potty trips outside...BATHTIME!, then back for crazy playing and finally passing out for a good snooze... these kiddos had a whirlwind couple of days so they are tuckered out... The house has a bit of silence after a busy 4 hours... 

I am looking forward to getting to know them better and getting lots of puppy kisses!  I've never fostered three at once bringing my total to 4 dogs in the house and and I've never foster such young puppies...so again, interesting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment