Sunday, December 2, 2012

Saturday Shopping

Shorty had himself a busy Saturday!   We ran him all over town.... First, he did great in the car and crate... quiet as a peep.  He met a couple of other dogs that Cassie is watching and while a little nervous about their enthusiastic greetings - did great...

Took him to our indie pet store... Pet Pantry and he did great there too... checking it out, no marking, accepted a few treats from the owner...such a gentleman... I got him an antler to keep him busy while we went on with the car rides...  We too, decided to up it the exposure a bit and took him to a bigger petstore... First... He didn't like the cart!  But  once we got down, he was a happy little dog, accepted some pets from strangers and was just as behaved...

Our last stop?  Christmas tree shopping!  Again, I was a little nervous, didn't want him to try to mark any of the trees, but he didn't even try...too busy enjoying all the pine smells and exploring... When we got our tree home, he did taste test it, but I think it was not to his liking as he hasn't been back for another taste...


I did find out what Shorty doesn't like... BATHS!  (Cassie bathed him last week when I wasn't here).  He is so scared of them... Whines, shrieks and squirms...My dog Sasha even came in to watch the fuss.  I lathered him up really well and he calmed, but then the rinsing off part came and there we went again... Poor little guy... However, he loved the drying off part and now he is so soft and smells so good... I think it was worth it but I'm sure he has a different opinion!






No comments:

Post a Comment