Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Love Cats But They Don't Love Me!

Tucker's previous home had a cat that was super tolerant of him... not the case with my cat Sarah... She hissed and hides from him.  He wants to play with her and will bark at her until we shoo him away.. then he will come back over and over again... So I had an idea... I took him to meet Strider - our neighbor king cat that is always about... Again, Tucker wanted to play.. really it was cute watching him tried to get Strider to play.. Strider said no, and no, and then Tucker got a swipe on nose... Did it work?  No.. He still wanted to play!  So Strider ran away... Round one to Tucker...   I will have to come up with a new idea...

who wouldn't want to play with this cute little face?  

Tonight I tried out my double lead leash with Tucker and Sasha together and it was great.. .They walk well together until we were on the way home and Sasha starts to lag cause she's tired.  They aren't BFF's yet, but they are on their way to be friendly...  There was also a dog barking as we walked by and they perked up, but with a little talking, not a peep at either of them. 

No accidents in the crate on Friday, so I think the extra time and a walk in the am is the trick.  He's also using the doggie door on his own as needed...

Rolling around in the front yard...


1 comment: